Ahh, spring, how we welcome you with open arms. Out of the winter months, you bring sunshine, blooming flowers, and all of that delicious Easter candy.
BUT, spring isn’t just about baby ducklings and gifts from a large bunny…this time of year also calls for new beginnings, starting with clearing out all of the old styles from 2016!
Here are some effective ways you can rejuvenate your home this spring.
3 Trends That are a MUST
- Mixing Textures. Instead of playing it safe and sticking with one solid texture, try mixing a solid matte color with a glossy finish! This will add dimension and a more aesthetically pleasing look.
- Mixing Metals. 2016 welcomed brass as a signature design trend, but this year, incorporating multiple metals into your home is all the rage. Brass, gold, silver — try playing with them all as accent pieces on a wall, sinks, light fixtures, whatever suits your fancy.
- Getting Technical. In this day and age, technology is EVERYTHING, and it’s growing rapidly every single day. With so much at our fingertips, now you can have a high-tech home for the ultimate living experience! For example, charging stations as furniture pieces are making a big splash in 2017. Try out the tech life and see if it’s for you!
Give Your Home a Little Flare
Does your living room feel like The Land of Oz, pre-color fabulous? There’s no need for magic to bring your home to life, try out some of these simple tricks:
- Pillows. If you have a neutral sofa (grey, beige, black, or navy): throwing on some fun, bright pillows is one of the easiest ways you can liven up a room. Find a fun pattern, or simply choose a bold color that contrasts well with the calmer shade.
- Artwork. Staring at four blank walls doesn’t do anyone any good, and it certainly doesn’t make your home feel inviting. Find some unique, colorful artwork to hang on your walls to give the space charming personality.
- Paint and Wallpaper. Easy peasy and inexpensive, wallpaper has been making a comeback for the last five years and is still going strong! Get rid of that old, floral wallpaper in the guest bedroom and add in something completely new. Not only will it look more modern and fresh, but your guests will feel more at home. As for paint, this is a simple fix! Find the color that speaks to you and spend an afternoon getting creative.
- Draperies. Adding drapes to your window can make a huge impact in your space! Try out some colors and patterns, and get a feel for what really makes the room dress to impress.
Just a Spoonful of Color
JEWEL TONES! These rich, deep colors – amethyst, sapphire, emerald, ruby, garnet and citrine – are where it’s at in 2017. In addition to Pantone’s color of the year, Greenery, which is a bright, cheery shade, a nice deep purple as its companion would be the perfect balance in a living room.
Ruby makes a great accent wall for a bedroom or office area, and emerald could be the color that really puts some sparkle into your kitchen. Moral of the story, don’t be afraid to add color.
We hope these nuggets of knowledge help you feel less stressed while transforming your home this spring!
We want to say a big THANK YOU to the experts at CDC Designs for sharing some pointers with us! If you’re looking for further interior design inspiration, check them out at http://www.cdcdesigns.com/.