Just last month, we at Shea Homes announced an exciting, new national partnership with GE Appliances! As the country’s largest privately held builder of new homes, we strongly value stylish, quality products and superior services; GE Appliances’ morals and values align with Shea Homes’, making for a fitting partnership.
GE’s rich history stems back to 1892 when Thomas Edison (who discovered the incandescent electric lamp) merged his Edison General Electric Company with the prominent Thomson-Houston Company to form GE. Since then, GE has been known for innovation, quality & value. Also for more than 50 years, the GE Foundation has generously given to strengthen educational access, equity, and quality for disadvantaged youth globally.
“At Shea Homes, we’re dedicated to offering innovative, fresh, new design options,” said Ken Peterson, vice president of sales and marketing. “We chose GE as our national appliance partner because of the company’s design aesthetic as well as our shared commitment to quality, value, and customer service.”
This partnership means Shea Homes design centers and communities across California, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and Washington will now offer a selection of GE appliances to new home buyers.
A few of the appliances include top-of-the-line built-in cooktops, built-in combination microwave and thermal wall oven and dishwasher with hidden controls. Features included in the built-in cooktop are:
- Ceramic-glass cooktop for a quick and easy cleanup
- Ribbon heating elements – consistent heat and glass surface provide fast, even heating
- Five heating elements that offer flexibility (3x 6”/9”/12” and 2x 5”/8”)
- Bridge elements that combines cooking elements into one cooking area
- Heavy-duty knobs for enhance durability and style
- Stainless steel frame that compliments all other stainless steel appliance offer by GE in the kitchen
Features included in the built-in combination microwave and thermal wall oven are:
- 1.7 cubic-feet microwave capacity (1000 Watts)
- Sensor cooking controls that provide a built-in sensor in the upper microwave that automatically calculates and adjusts cooking times and power levels for favorite foods
- 16-inch turntable that rotates food throughout the cooking cycle for even cooking results
- Self-clean with Steam Clean options in the lower oven that lets you clean your oven the way you want
- Self-clean heavy-duty oven racks in the lower oven that conveniently clean your oven and racks together
- Glass touch controls where you can set temperatures quickly and clean with little effort
And lastly, the dishwasher with hidden controls includes:
- GE’s most advanced wash system that consistently cleans and dries dishes with 65% more wash power compared to previous GE models.
- Pirahna hard food disposer with removable filter; to ensure consistently clean items, this stainless steel blade rotates at 3,600 RPM to pulverize food particles and help prevent large particles from clogging the wash arms.
- Steam PreWash – Loosens tough soils before and cycle, virtually eliminating the need for soaking or pre-rinsing dishes.
- Easy Access Silverware Baskets – To help make loading silverware and small items easy, two baskets offer plenty of space, while Dedicated Silverware Jets ensure table-ready results
- Adjustable upper rack fits plates up to 101;2” and other tall items in the upper rack is possible with an adjustment
- Wash Your Way customizable rack – Easy loading and unloading is assured with the ability to configure the lower wash basket tines based on your kitchen layout
For more information on Shea Homes and what we’re up to at the Arizona division, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, get inspired with us on Pinterest, and learn all things homebuilding on our YouTube channel. To learn more about GE Appliances, please visit http://www.ge.com/.