Ever wonder what it's like to live in the Carolinas? Tega Cay, South Carolina perfectly balances a small-town, community feel with city-living entertainment and accessibility. Located thirty minutes south of uptown Charlotte, two hours west of Asheville, NC and only a three-hour drive from popular vacation destination Charleston, SC, Tega Cay provides the best of all that the Carolinas have to offer!
PROXIMITY TO POPULAR CHARLOTTE ATTRACTIONS
- Professional Sporting Events: Whether you love basketball, baseball, football, or fútbol, the Charlotte area has a team for every fan!
- Carowinds: Looking for a thrilling adventure for the entire family? Carowinds Amusement Park straddles the North Carolina - South Carolina state line, offering easy accessibility to roller coaster rides, go-kart races, and water park slides.
- Discovery Place Science Museum: On a rainy summer day, there’s no better destination to visit with kids than Charlotte’s Discovery Place Science Museum. Uncover dinosaur bones and rainforest ecosystems, build the ultimate fort, and more!
- US Whitewater Center: The Whitewater Center offers a variety of activities for every interest. Enjoy zip lining, trail hiking, mountain biking, rock climbing, yoga, sunbathing, or sipping craft beers as you watch professionals take on the white caps. If you’re feeling adventurous, book in advance to try white water rafting or kayaking yourself!
DAY TRIPS FROM TEGA CAY, SC
- Crowders Mountain: Crowders Mountain is one of two main peaks within Gaston County’s Crowders Mountain State Park, the other being Pinnacle Peak. Popular hiking trails throughout the area make it the perfect morning or afternoon activity for a quick adventure into nature.
- North Carolina Zoo: The North Carolina Zoo located in Asheboro is home to 1,800 animals of more than 250 species. Spanning 2,600 wooded acres, its size makes this attraction the world’s largest natural habitat zoo!
- South Mountains State Park: Located just outside of Connelly Springs, NC, South Mountains State Park covers over 20,000 acres of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The area is known for views of its beautiful 80-foot waterfall, as well as 50 miles of trails for hikers, horseback riders, and mountain bikers.
WEEKEND GETAWAYS FROM TEGA CAY, SC
- Asheville, NC: Asheville is located in western North Carolina’s Blue Ridge Mountains and is best known for its eclectic culture, vibrant art scene, award-winning restaurants, craft breweries, and outdoor activities. With so much to offer, it’s the perfect place to relax and enjoy time with family, friends, or as a couple!
- Charleston, SC: Characterized by cobblestone streets and colorful antebellum houses, Charleston holds a rich history filled with sightseeing opportunities and activities for every individual. Whether you prefer laying on the beach, walking tours, or shopping and dining, there’s something for everyone in Charleston.
- Raleigh, NC: Explore the capital of North Carolina, roughly 138 miles northeast of the Lake Wylie area. Raleigh is home to the North Carolina Museum of Art, the State Capitol building, and many other historical landmarks. You can also find luxury shopping centers with clothing boutiques, delicious restaurants, and popular breweries.
Ready to embrace the Carolina lifestyle? Join our interest list to be the first to hear about new homes in Tega Cay and surrounding areas or use our online home finder to find a Shea Homes® neighborhood near you.