Whether or not you celebrate Halloween, fall is a great time of year to enjoy a good scary movie. Shea homeowners have no shortage of ways to watch, and Houston staff have no shortage of movie picks.
No matter which floorplan you have, you can get comfortable in the perfect movie-watching space.
- Living Room: Classic.
- Flex Room: Whatever you want to make of it.
- Media room: An option in a variety of Shea Homes® Houston floorplans, designed to bring the silver screen to your own home.
- Outdoor Living Area: A projector can make for a fun night out in the backyard, weather permitting.
- Bedroom: Built-in comfort for a small audience.
Eats and Drinks
What is a movie night without snacks? Of course, you can reach for the typical filmgoing fare of popcorn and candy bars – but there are more things you can prepare to fit the season.
Roasted pumpkin seeds
You've hollowed out your pumpkin for a jack-o-lantern – but don't throw the seeds away! Pumpkin seeds make for a healthy, crunchy snack that can take on different flavors. Cook them with a sauce, toss them in a seasoning blend, or eat them plain with salt.
Pie in a jar
All the deliciousness of a pie in a single serving vessel. Inside a glass jar, layer crumbled pie crust and your choice of filling, and then top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
On a charcuterie board, you can include a wide variety of quick bites with minimal cooking. Make it as fancy or as casual as you want! You can add seasonal fruits and vegetables, cured meats, cheeses, mushrooms, crackers, sweets, dipping sauces, and more.
Shea Homes® Houston Division Staff Movie Picks
Halloween can be a great time for horror fans, but regardless of age or genre preference, there are more than enough movies to enjoy this season. Some of the Shea Homes® Houston Division staff have offered their recommendations for an at-home movie night.
- "Vincent Price's Dracula." - Bob, Construction
- "I'd recommend the original Paranormal Activity or the original The Conjuring." - Brian, Warranty
- "For fraidy-cats like me, try ParaNorman." - Carly, Marketing
- "Krampus with Adam Scott is great for Halloween or Christmas time." - Christina, Land
- "My kids are looking forward to Hocus Pocus II. As for an adult recommendation, Texas Chainsaw Massacre." - David, Purchasing
- "The original Scream from 1996 is a must-see." - Dylan, Land
- "Se7en. It's disturbing." - Keith, VP
- "Carrie!" - Lisa, Operations
- "Hocus Pocus is a crowd-pleaser. Or if you want scary, A Haunting in Connecticut." - Michaela, Sales
- "Jaws and Ghostbusters scared me as a kid. Now, I like The Others, The Ring, and What Lies Beneath." - Mike, Purchasing
- "I like Steven King movies, especially The Shining." - Pam, HR
- "Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice." - Rebecca, Marketing
- "Hard to go wrong with It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." - Scott, Sales